Job Location: Utrecht
Regional Description: Netherlands
Job Number: 00544726 00544726_en
Internship – Technology – SAP – Sourcing & Procurement - Utrecht
Transform the world around you by unleashing your skills and crafting the next generation of technology. Put your expertise to work as part of the world’s largest independent technology services provider and lead the way as a trendsetter in your digital field. We’re ready if you are.
SAP sits at the forefront of the drive to integrate new innovations into the software so as to best support organizations in today’s disruptive markets. Accenture is the trusted advisor to clients worldwide to adopt these innovations. Do you join the ride?
Within the SAP group at Accenture, we continuously conduct research on the latest developments and technologies of SAP (related) products and how these products can help our clients improving their business. As an intern, you help us with the (market) research on these new SAP products/topics, gain hands-on experience by configuring or developing an actual demo and provide an overall analysis including advice on the relevance of the products. The sky is the limit and we encourage you to propose suggestions for the details of your assignment. As an intern, you will work with different stakeholders within and outside of Accenture to obtain the required information.
Currently, we have the following Sourcing & Procurement assignments:
- Procurement & RPA: Within the procurement domain, a common observation is that procurement professionals spend a significant amount of time on repetitive (administrative) processes, which also can also be error-prone. By identifying and implementing robotics process automation (RPA) solution to automate these processes, it results in reducing human interaction/intervention, increase operational efficiency and reduces costs. Procurement professionals can use the time freed up on adding more value to the procurement department. We are looking for an intern who can determine and create a business case which repetitive procurement processes in (preferably) SAP Ariba, S/4 HANA or ECC can be replaced by RPA. Design and develop a prototype of a robot in Blue Prism for the identified process(es) (or another RPA tool). The intern will work with different stakeholders within and outside of Accenture to obtain the required information.
- Sourcing Strategy with Virtual Personal Assistant: As an intern, you will be working together with the Accenture innovation team to discover and further develop the procurement automated learning assistant in sourcing strategy. The automated learning assistant has the capability of self-learning, hands-free voice commands, predictive responses, guide in SAP Ariba, catalog look-up in SAP Ariba, easy look-up for requisition statuses and approvers. These capabilities will be further developed to support strategic buyers with the preparation of a sourcing event like gathering data about suppliers from various sources, support final decision of sourcing event, etc.
- Broken Solution & Robotics: As an intern, you will be working together with the Accenture innovation team to gather information and experience within Accenture implementation teams regarding the SAP Ariba process and GAPs (GAPs are parts where the software does not support the required process). GAP analysis involves comparison of actual SAP Ariba system performance with the desired performance expectation by the end user. Following steps would be to choose the most required, visible area of improvements and develop a solution/tool to cover GAPs.
- Used cases add-on apps & Robotics: Research weak areas of the SAP Ariba contract compliance process and come up with an innovative way to check the contract compliance with the provided criteria. As an intern, you will be gathering information from the Accenture organization regarding any improvements related to SAP Ariba contracts. Building a solution as an add-on which will be able to check contract compliance with a DSS (Decision Support System) included. You will be working together with the Accenture innovation team to gather the discovered weak areas of SAP Ariba contract compliance and support the developments of the automated add-on solution. We expect you to be creative with ideas about the future add-on solution which can be developed at a later stage with the support of our development team.
- Your own proposal: in case you are interested in the Sourcing & Procurement processes but the assignments described above do not match your interest or research requirements, please sent us your proposal and we will discuss the possibilities.
These assignments are focused on Sourcing & Procurement processes. Please see also our other internships in Technology & Innovation, Finance, Utilities, Talent & HR, Sales & Customer Service and Supply Chain & Operations.
Place in the organization
The Accenture SAP group is part of Accenture Technology and helps clients worldwide harness the power of technology and industry insights to innovate, grow, and improve. Working within the SAP group does not only mean being in direct contact with our 200+ SAP experts but also being linked to the global Accenture community.
We are looking for enthusiastic, pro-active and creative HBO or Master students in their graduation year from various backgrounds, but with IT affinity, who can work independently and are fluent in English, both verbal and written. In addition, you have some experience or are eager to learn to work, with SAP.
What can we offer you?
Within Accenture, we offer you a work environment with a focus on your personal development, in which you will receive a lot of responsibility and will be guided by a team of experienced consultants. You will work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for the highest ranked international businesses. You will also receive a compensation and a laptop.
• Type: General or as part of graduation
• Period: 5-6 months
• Hours per week: 40
• Location: Utrecht: flexible workplace (work among our colleagues)
• Start date: Flexible
Are you interested?
Are your ready to join Accenture and interested in one of these assignments? Apply directly with the ‘Apply’ button, don’t forget to mention in your cover letter which assignment you are interested in.
Do you have questions about these assignments, or are you interested in our SAP group, but do the descriptions not exactly match your study requirements? Feel free to contact Anniek Hilderink via [email protected] or call 020 57 23 914.
Accenture solves the toughest technological challenges through standout strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Working with over three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we drive innovation and shape world around us. With expertise in more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver ground-breaking outcomes for a new digital world.
Innovation is about bringing different people, ideas, and perspectives together. As an equal opportunities employer, Accenture welcomes all applications and does not discriminate.
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.